<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8002243526682637291\x26blogName\x3d~Fly+Away~\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://xiaoxue-prettiesnow.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://xiaoxue-prettiesnow.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-8808672423555557728', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, June 21, 2007 Y 5:33 AM


I changed my blog skin! I think it looks real pretty! Hee hee!

My house reeks of smoke now, stupid gay guy that always comes my house to smokes. Got so much free time should go and find a gf, not come to my house to smoke, eat free food and watch tv. Bleah, he's my Dad's fren, I can't say anything bad to him. And my stupid Dad has to go shower when he was here, and asked me to entertain GAY guy. WTH!

I had a sudden craving for this fried Mars bar that I ate at Far East Plaza, some day with Mr Lim. I tell you, it tasted super duper nice okie! Fried chocolate coating with ice cream inside, extremely sinful!

I wish I can cut open my students brains and fry them up....they really have poor attitudes. My colleagues were complaining to me that they have poor clinical skills and poor initiative and simply poor OT students attitudes. Neh, I'm so reluctant to take them for clinicals but then, my dear boss wants me to take yr 2 students for teaching for clinical placements. Imagine taking them after they sat for your exams.

Do you like the book Little Prince? I do, after so long, it still comes across to me as a really sweet book to read.



I remembered that the first time I read it was in my third year in poly, where I had to do this assignment on OT models and clinical reasoning. I fell in love with the story, with the quotes. They were simply lovely.

"Grown-ups like numbers. When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: "What does his voice sound like?" "What games does he like best?" "Does he collect butterflies?". They ask: "How old is he?" "How many brothers does he have?" "How much does he weigh?" "How much money does his father make?" Only then do they think they know him"

Doesn't makes me feel like a grown up cuz I ask questions like "is he handsome?" and I'm not interested in figures.


"Language is the source of misunderstandings."


Don't you think so? I can count how many times I misunderstood people from their writings, their sms, their words.

"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

I used this quote for my assignment. I think it's so true, sometimes we just can't see certain things though it's right under our eyes.

Another book that I really found it meaningful was Tuesday with Morris, the quotes he used was so meaningful and sets you off to think deeper about it.

"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half asleep, even when they are busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." -- Morrie

P.S: As I was writing this entry, I heard Chen Bai Qiang's (He passed away long time ago) song called "Yi Sheng He Qiu". I liked this song alot when I was young, like the tune and the lyrics. It's really meaningful.





Quote

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
But today is a gift

That is why they call it
"the present."

Prettiesnow XiaoXue

I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman

Loves <33

Shopping
Good food
Makeup
Movies
L4D
Cycling
La Roche Posay
Bags
Shoes
Dresses
Books
My family =)
My dear friends =)

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter



    Break Da Silence






    Quote of the Moment

    I am strong
    I am invincible
    I am woman!

    Credits.


    Designer: bw0kensmile-x
    Image Hosting: photobucket.com
    Image Hosting: imageshack.us
    Image source: deviatart
    Tagboard: cbox.ws.com
    Music: baidu.com
    Cursor: dorischu